Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My new room in the city of Quito. I suppose it's not new anymore...it is pretty small, but I like to think that means it is maybe a little bit warmer than the rest of the house. Thankfully, there is a larger than life-size picture of Jesus above my bed.
My host sister AnaĆ­ and I. She was one of two younger siblings in the Cloud Forest specifically the small andean town of Plaza Gutierrez. Those people had some serious town pride.
Xavier (one of my two academic directors) was REALLY excited about this tanager that we caught in the mist nets. wow
our accommodations in the cloud forest. I stayed in the 'birding cabin' aka: the closest to the academic directors so we could wake up super early to mist net birds! The blanket on these beds were SO HEAVY, but it was good because it was freeeeezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment